Quesadillas are my fall back meal on busy nights. Take whatever you have on hand, place it between two tortillas, add cheese to hold it all together, and cook until the cheese is melted and you have dinner. You can’t get much easier than that!
If you are in a huge hurry, you can cook quesadillas in the microwave in under 2 minutes. If you have 10 minutes, then cook your quesadillas in a skillet to get a nice crunchy tortilla.
- 12 tortillas
- 1½ cups cheese
- 3 cups of your favorite filling (beans, cooked taco meat, veggies)
- Brush the pan with oil and heat until hot. (350 on an electric skillet or medium high on the stove).
- Place tortillas on pan.
- Sprinkle 1 -2 tablespoons of cheese on each tortilla.
- Place ~1/2 cup of filling on top of the cheese.
- Top with 1 – 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top and press it down to evenly smush the ingredients between the tortillas.
- Cook until the bottom tortilla is brown. Flip and cook until the other tortilla is brown, approximately 3 -4 minutes each side.
- Repeat until all of your quesadillas have been made.
- Cut in fourths with a pizza cutter and serve while hot.
What are you going to put in your quesadillas? Below are quesadilla recipes to help inspire you to come up with a new flavor combination.
- Pizza Quesadillas
- Asparagus Quesadillas
- Chicken Salad Quesadillas
- Smoked Salmon Quesadillas
- Summer Squash Quesadillas
- Beefy Quesadillas with a Kick
- Vegetable Cheese Quesadillas
- Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
- Spinach and Mushroom Quesadillas
- Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas
Quesadillas are fairly inexpensive to make, but you can cut the price even more by using corn tortillas, which cost less than flour tortillas. You can also buy cheese in bulk and grate it yourself.
What is your favorite quesadilla variation?
This post may contain affiliate links, please view our disclosure policy for details.